Friday, September 16, 2011

Social Media Post

I believe that as a responsible user of social media, I must maintain a professional image for myself. I must not discriminate against any other person and I must respect the privacy of others. When blogging or posting about an organization or group, I must first obtain their permission and never mention specific names of members.
When posting, blogging, or participating in social media, I must always be professional and I must never use profane language or use social media (blogs or Facebook) as a tool to hurt others. I must never post questionable pictures of myself or of other people. If I want to post a picture of another person, I must first acquire their permission.  When posting a status or creating a blog about my experiences and that status or post involves another person or group of people, I must not include specific names unless I have permission to do so, and I must never speak of them in a compromising manner. I must always respect the privacy of others and I must not post anything about a person if they request to remain off of the post. When I am posting about someone, even if I am not mentioning any names, I must not discriminate against that person and I must not speak negatively about my experiences with them.
In short, when using social media, I must always remain respectful to others and maintain a professional image for them and for myself. I must never discriminate against another person and take responsibility for any post or blog I create.

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate your desire to be "respectful." I believe you can discuss negative experiences on a blog, however. Just be aware of how you might be perceived.

    ReplyDelete