I have spent the last couple of weeks getting organized and preparing for auditions and rehearsals. These preparations have included creating and making copies of activity booklets for the children to do when not rehearsing, typing the words of the music for the children to read in rehearsals, and managing auditions. We have had our first rehearsal, but it was mostly about getting the students excited about singing in the musical. We handed out scripts, and the children really seemed to enjoy learning the story line and finding out which part they received. While the director was reading through lines with the soloists, I was observing and typing the lyrics for them. I noticed that all of the students were eagerly waiting for their turn to read, and they were all focused and following along. This made me think of when my church performed a Christmas musical and I got the chance to be a part of it. All I could think about for a week before the performance was the show. "Do I know all my dances? Are all my lines memorized? I can't wait to sing in my costume!" Looking at the children that were just as excited as I was made me excited to be a part of it and give these children this opportunity.
Above I have pictured a group of students performing in a show and giving it their all. I cannot wait to see these students doing the same thing at the end of this project!
No comments:
Post a Comment